Sleep. Study. Stress. The life of a student is demanding.
Try this instead:
Sleep. Study. Hussle.
So you can stay alert and ready to nail that dissertation.
1. Desk stretch – You’ll be spending hours at your desk. Make it a space for stretches too. Calf stretches, arm raises, side stretches; make your desk your personal pliability platform!
2. Switch wheels – Relying on a car to get around? Try switching to a bike while on campus. If you’re not too far from college or uni, cycling to lectures is a great way of waking your mind. And you’ll burn calories at the same time.
3. Prep time – Not talking about homework prep here. Meal prep will mean that your nutrition doesn’t take a nose dive while you have your nose in a book. Try and make your meals early in the week. Freeze them, and have lunchboxes ready in the fridge so you don’t have to worry about them in the morning.
4. Buddy up – Making new friends means you have extra buddies for fitness. Take a walk with a friend; have a game of squash in your free time; take up a new fitness class. It’s all easy with someone else.
5. Sleep well – Yeah, we know you want to go out. But try and get a good 8 hours' kip to stay healthy and fight off colds. If you’re hitting the town, drink plenty of water during the night. Lie in if you can, and have the odd early night for a fresher body and mind.
To help you with your fitness goals checkout our flexible gym memberhip options designed to fit fitness around you to make life work out.
Does Hussle offer student discounts? Just an idea that might encourage poor students to stop drinking and get fit....
joining the chorus - just because you are young and CAN survive on rubbish food, little sleep and no exercise doesn't mean you should. Grab all the chances and be fit enough to take them. I'll get off my soap box now...
love the t-shirt!! Not long graduated and it was fun - but I am missing the student discounts on all sorts of stuff. Make the most of doing all the things the article lists, believe me once real work starts you will long for all that free time.
My student days are a while behind me now but I cringe at how unfit I was back then. But things have changed a lot in the last 10 years and it's so much easier to get fit/go to a gym/get motivated nowadays - so no excuses for any lazy students nowadays!!